The museum is closed for the winter beginning Dec. 1. Daily public tours resume on March 15, 2017. Group/Private tours are available year- round by advance appointment with $100 minimum. Minimum does not apply to field trips.
Located in the heart of downtown Lexington, the Mary Todd Lincoln House is within easy walking distance of downtown hotels, restaurants, and shopping. Explore our neighborhood during your visit!
578 West Main Street
Lexington, KY 40507
$5 Children 6-12 yrs
Free Children ages 5 yrs and under
(Two adult admissions for the price of one for all active duty members of the United States Armed Forces.)
Hours of Operation
March 15- November 30 (CLOSED in WINTER)
Mon. - Sat. (closed Sundays )
10AM-3PM (last tour at 3PM)
Dec. 1- March 14th- Group/Private tours available by advance appointment with a $100 minimum
Things to Know
- Tours are on the hour and last approximately one hour.
- Tours are limited to 15 people per tour and are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Peak times of year are April, June, July, and October. If a tour time has sold out, visitors may purchase a ticket for any of the tour times remaining that day.
- Docent-led guided tours are the only option for touring the inside of the house. The garden is self-guided.
- Cash, check, Visa, MC, and Discover are accepted.
- Photography without a flash is welcome.
- Free parking is located directly behind the house. Overflow parking is permitted in the large parking lot behind the museum's lot, so long as there is not an event at the Convention Center.
- There are many things to enjoy downtown as a part of your visit! A variety of restaurants and shops are within walking distance and the historic Lexington Cemetery is less than 1 mile away. Click here for a brochure to help you explore our neighborhood.
Group, School, and Girl Scout Tours:
Group tours are available by appointment year round at a discounted rate. Complete info here.
School tours, including for homeschoolers, are available for K-12 grades by appointment year round. Rates are $4 per student; $6 per teacher; $10 per other adult chaperone.
Junior Girl Scouts can take a hands-on tour that fulfills a requirement for thebadge “Playing the Past.” The Scout tour is available by appointment year round. Rates are $5 per scout, $5 per leader, $8 per other adult chaperone. Complete info here.
The Mary Todd Lincoln House is partially wheelchair accessible. The first floor of the museum can be reached via a handicap lift and is wheelchair navigable. The second floor is not wheelchair accessible. There are 21 steps to the second floor. A photo album of the upstairs is available for visitors who are unable to or choose not to tour the upstairs.
In compliance with the ADA, service animals on harness or leash are permitted inside the museum. The ADA defines service animals as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities.
You are welcome to call 859-233-9999 if you have further questions regarding your visit.
How to locate the Mary Todd Lincoln house in Lexington, Kentucky from the surrounding interstates.